French daredevil falls 68 floors to his death from Hong Kong skyscraper

French daredevil falls 68 floors to his death from Hong Kong skyscraperFrench daredevil falls 68 floors to his death from Hong Kong skyscraper
via @remnigma
French climber Remi Lucidi fell to his death while attempting to climb a residential skyscraper in Hong Kong on Thursday.
About the daredevil: Lucidi, 30, is known on social media as “Remi Enigma,” a thrill-seeker who climbs towering structures around the world, including buildings, bridges, cranes and transmitters.
With currently more than 27,000 followers on Instagram, Lucidi has shared several photos and videos of his high-risk escapades done without safety measures. His social media account boasts photos of him and the views he has seen from the top of structures in places such as Bulgaria, France and Dubai.
Lucidi’s death: On SaPolice discovered Lucidi after he fell from Hong Kong’s 721-foot-high Tregunter Tower. His sports camera containing footage of many of his stunts was also found at the scene.
Bypassing security: The 30-year-old reportedly arrived at Tregunter Tower at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday. He told security that he was visiting a friend on the 40th floor. However, he exited the elevator on the 49th floor before taking the stairs to the top of the building. Although the rooftop door was locked, he forced it open with the intention of taking a photo from the roof.
He was reportedly seen knocking on penthouse windows for help by a maid who contacted the police. However, he fell from the 68th floor of the skyscraper before help arrived.
The resident Lucidi was supposedly visiting has denied knowing him.
“Happy-faced”: Lucidi, who lived in Montpellier, France, had been staying at a hostel in Tsim Sha Tsui. He checked in on July 17 and was supposed to leave on Sunday. The hostel owner, Gurjit Kaur, described Lucidi as “friendly, humble, healthy and fit.” 
“He was happy-faced,” Kaur told the South China Morning Post. “I feel very sad. He told me he was going to hike a mountain when I asked where he was going. He said he wanted to hike a lot when he was here.”
Police found his belongings at the hostel, including his passport and laptop. The French consulate was informed of Lucidi’s death. Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
Many social media users have expressed sympathy and left “rest in peace” messages in the comment sections of Lucidi’s Instagram posts.
“Rest In Peace,” one comment reads. “You were doing what you loved, and I’m sure you knew this was a possibility. I pray for your family.”

Share this Article
Your leading
Asian American
news source
© 2024 NextShark, Inc. All rights reserved.