“Love Hard,” a holiday romantic comedy that stars comedian Jimmy O. Yang, was the most-watched movie on Netflix in the U.S. and the U.K. early this week.
It’s number one:
The film, directed by Hernán Jiménez, was the No. 1 movie on Netflix from Monday to Wednesday, as per Flixpatrol
, a website that gathers streaming data about films and TV shows, We Got This Covered
- Although “Love Hard” only received a 56% on the review-aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the rom-com managed to rake in a 96% audience score out of its more than 1,000 ratings. The film was also rated 6.4 out of 10 on IMDB.
#LoveHard is number 1 on Netflix! pic.twitter.com/H277dN6RTu
— Nancy Wang Yuen (@nancywyuen) November 10, 2021
- Nina Dobrev, who plays Natalie Bauer in the film, took to Twitter to thank everyone who watched and supported “Love Hard” on Netflix.
“Love Hard” follows the story of Bauer, a writer for a dating column looking for love through an online dating app. She meets Josh Lin (Jimmy O. Yang
) through the app, but after flying 3,000 miles to meet him, she realizes that she was catfished and that Lin used the picture of a different man, Tag (Darren Barnet).
- Speaking to Pop Sugar, Yang, 34, said rom-coms give the “hope of love” to “underdogs out there, much like me.”
- “It’s like, ‘Ah, there is a shot for me out there or there is a chance out there,’” he said. “This role wasn’t written to be a particular ethnicity. I think it’s super awesome that they cast me as an Asian person and my [onscreen] family [is] an Asian cast. At the end of the day, it’s about the underdogs.”
- “Love Hard” made its streaming debut on Netflix on Nov. 5, according to Pure Wow.