Constance Wu has given birth to a baby girl following a low-profile pregnancy with boyfriend musician Ryan Kattner.
Keeping it private: The 38-year-old actress has mostly kept her private life away from the limelight last year, even before the start of the pandemic following the release of her latest film “Hustlers,” E Online reported.
- She has also become less active on social media in the past two years, labeling both her Twitter and Instagram as “defunct.”
- Her relationship with Kattner has also been mostly kept under wraps.
- As of this writing, no other information about the child has been revealed.
- A source cited by E! News noted that the couple was so excited and happy about the new baby.
Laying low from criticism: In the past, Wu has been criticized on social media for allegedly dating white men exclusively, a heated topic in the Asian American community.
- Wu has addressed the controversy and has expressed she has no ill feelings against those who criticized her at its height in 2018.
- “They make this assumption that every single one of my boyfriends has been white based on the one boyfriend they saw on my social media, the one I was dating when I started my account,” Constance said via Hollywood Reporter.
- She lamented Asian women like her have become the “unfortunate target” of anger born from a “deeper issue.”